3.09.2013

Coffee, Coffee How I Love Thee ... and ME!

I generally like to surround myself with family and friends, constantly on the go, experiencing all that I can ... but on occasion, I like to just be with ... me ... and a great cup of coffee!

On the rare Saturday morning when our morning isn't booked, I like to curl up on my back porch with a cup of coffee and just be ... I might read a magazine, write on my blog or peruse Facebook or Pinterest ... I might watch the squirrels in the yard or snuggle with my pup. I simply zone out and enjoy the birds chirping - it's incredible the clarity you can get from just taking a load off.

I, like many others, don't seem to have h-o-u-r-s to dedicate to this alone time but even a half hour dedicated to you might just open your mind and give you a new lease on life. I feel like, to often, we get caught up in the things in life that we "have" to do and forget about the things that we "want" to do. This alone time allows you to re-evaluate your priorities. It is also a great time to jot down a list of experiences that you would like to have, like a bucket list or set goals. It is that one time during the week to concentrate on you because you are important!

I have found it challenging to balance friends, family, work and me time but have also learned that if you no longer find enjoyment in what you are doing, you shouldn't be doing it and those activities that you can't live without - you should make it a point to do them more often ... I know this is easier said than done in most cases, but it takes a little self exploration in order to find a healthy balance.

For some reason, a great cup of coffee seems to really aid in this process. Maybe it is the hot steam hitting my face, the scrumptious taste or possibly it is the caffeine rush. No matter what it is, this busy body has found that occasionally cozying up with a cup of coffee and myself can be felicity for me - who would have thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment