2.28.2013

Sobro Cafe 3.25/4

I met my friend Lydia for lunch at Sobro Cafe today and it was as delicious as expected. This little cafe features internationally-inspired food that is generally healthy - they also offer several vegetarian and vegan dishes ... and all of the food is created from scratch (except for the bread and sweet potato fries)!

The cafe, located at 52nd and College Ave. in South Broad Ripple, is quirky in design featuring local art. Plus, our bills were brought out to us on this Hulk Hogan figurine:

Lydia and I tend to split meals when we go out to eat so that we can try more foods from any particular restaurant - we had The Good Burger, a veggie burger with avocado and sprouts on a pretzel roll, and the Torta Ahogada, pulled pork sandwich with sauteed onions and peppers and ahogada sauce. Combined with homemade potato chips, I have to say it was a delightful meal, particularly the Torta Ahogada!

Lydia and I are no strangers to local northside and downtown restaurants - so much that we have a rating system that we use to evaluate our new finds (ratings are 1-4, 4 being the best).

Here is Sobro Cafe's average score: 
Food: 3 
Atmosphere: 3.5 
Price: 2.75 
Uniqueness: 3.75 
Service: 3.25
Overall Average: 3.25

Overall, I love the idea of the restaurant - made from scratch, unique food offerings and a great atmosphere. The food and prices didn't blow me away, but I will definitely go back to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment