2.12.2013

Love is in the Air

I love creating homemade gifts for my husband, especially for Valentine's Day! My husband is an amazing man. We have been married for 5 years and, let me tell you, it is more rewarding than I could have ever expected. You know the cliché saying "I married my best friend", well, I DID! Being with my husband is pure bliss for me!

Last year for Valentine's Day I gave my hubbie "52 Reasons I Love You". It was a Pinterest project that I personalized. (oh, Pinterest how I love you!)


To complete the craft, you will need the following items:
  • deck of cards
  • hole punch
  • o-rings
  • computer (or you could hand draw each sticker if you choose to)
  • 8.5 x 11" label paper
  • printer

Directions:
  1. Using a graphic design program such as Adobe InDesign or even Microsoft Word, design 52 label stickers each with a different reason for love, plus a title label sticker as shown above. Each sticker should measure 1.5 x 2.75" - example to the right >>>
  2. Print your design on a piece of 8.5 x 11" label paper (sticky back) and cut each sticker to size.
  3. Then, punch holes in each playing card.
  4. Connect 53 cards with the o-rings. (52 cards, plus a joker to create the title card)
  5. Stick each reason for love in the center of each card. 

Enjoy sharing the love!


Giving credit where credit is due: I found this project idea at http://www.papervinenz.com/2011/02/hi-everyone-this-is-last-of-my.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment