2.25.2013

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Potato Wedges

In an effort to add more "good" carbohydrates into our diets to help increase energy during times like now when we are working out pretty intensely almost everyday, I stumbled upon the sweet potato.

I usually only think about sweet potatoes around Thanksgiving time - both my mother and my mother-in-law make a fantastic sweet potato dish - but I thought I would try my hand at Sweet Potato Wedges.




Ingredients:
  • 3 medium sweet potatoes
  •  2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
  • 2-3 teaspoons of dried rosemary
Instructions:
  1. Scrub potatoes and cut into wedges lengthwise.
  2. Coat with a mixture of olive oil and rosemary - 2-3 teaspoons of each.
  3. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 20 minutes @ 450 degrees.
Done and done ... quick and easy! The taste was sweet but not too sweet due to the rosemary.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment